Many of us who are Starting Over Single have experienced the joy and challenge of God’s math.
Here’s how it works:
- You work hard and try to control your expenses
- Even though it takes a lot of faith, you still tithe and give to good causes
- You make payments on medical bills or any other companies that will let you use a payment plan
- It looks like you’re not going to have enough money to make it to the next paycheck
- You get on your knees and ask God to help you
- Some kind of miracle happens
Some of us have experienced mysterious packages in the mail that turned out to be gift cards or cash.
Sometimes we have been the recipient of incredible gifts like cars, housing or cash bonuses.
Sometimes a company will call us and say, “We’re sorry. We made a mistake in your billing. We’re sending you a refund.”
Coupons, discounts, refunds, money from unexpected sources … this is how God’s math works.
And sometimes, we figure out the budget at the end of the month. Even though it looks like we should have a negative amount – somehow, the online bank account shows much more than we thought we had.
God’s math is different. He takes into account who we are rather than what we have. He takes care of the widow and the orphan, which includes the women and children who have been abandoned by divorce. He makes sure they have whatever they need and he hears the cries of the single mom.
Just another example of how much he loves you and how much he is helping you to Start Over Single … and thrive!
So take heart! If you’re Starting Over Single, you will survive it. Yes, you’ll need to work hard and use every resource possible. But at the end of the bank balance, you’ll begin to trust God’s incredible math and then you’ll see the love behind it.
“And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches in his glory in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19).
©2015 Starting Over Single