activities for single women, beauty schools, BOGO coupons, bookstores, chocolate chip cookies, day of joy, important dates, making a snow angel, manicures, pedicures, petting zoo, scheduling ideas, single women, starting over single, wildflowers
As a woman who is Starting Over Single, you’ve been through a major life crisis. Everything has been difficult.
So now…you need to have some fun – every week. Even if it’s just once / month – plan for some fun time – a day of joy.
The first step is to realize it’s okay to have fun. You deserve it. You’ve worked hard at your job(s), you’ve argued with attorneys and paid financial advisors and you’ve faced a bucket full of grief. Even before the divorce, you may have struggled through a harrowing and disastrous marriage for many years.
Give yourself permission to have some fun, but make sure it’s healthy fun. Nobody needs to schedule a hangover in their planner.
Try some of these ideas:
- Schedule your Day of Joy in your planner or phone calendar right NOW.
- Go to a lawn and garden center and revel in the flowers. Plan your next garden.
- Find a cheap matinee and go see a movie. Yes – eat the popcorn.
- Join a friend for lunch and share a BOGO coupon.
- Soak in a tub of lavender bubbles.
- Get a manicure/pedicure at the beauty school. Or try a different color and hairstyle.
- Browse through a cozy bookstore.
- Take a leisurely drive into the country. Cut some wildflowers.
- Spend some time at a petting zoo – by yourself. You don’t have to bring the children with you just because you’re petting animals.
- Get out your crayons and work on a page in your coloring book.
- Bake chocolate chip cookies with a friend.
- Walk through crunchy autumn leaves.
- Depending on the weather, make a snow angel.
- Come up with your own list and circle the dates in your calendar for Days of Joy.
Share with the rest of us what you’ve decided to do. Self-care is important and you’ll feel better after you’ve had a Day of Joy.
©2016 Starting Over Single